Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question to see the answer.
- What is a solo runner?
- Solo runner is a runner who doesn't use any crew or pacer and has no cars on the course, except one car either at WW or Loma Alta Park. We started Solo Runner Program to reduce the number of parked vehicles on the course.
- How will you recognize the Solo Runner on the course?
- The Solo Runner will have SOLO stamped on his bib when he receives his bib in WW when he signs in.
- If you want to run the race solo do I have to commit to running Solo when you register on-line for the lottery?
- Yes, you will have to commit to running Solo when you register on-line, which may give you preferential treatment in the lottery.
If you commit when you register, Solo will be pre-printed on your bib, which is really cool.
However, if you decide to run Solo when you register in WW, we will stamp Solo on you bib.
We are trying to do everything we can to encourage the Solo Runner to get cars off the course because we do not have space to park cars at the aid station.
- Is there any special awards for running the race solo?
- Yes, we will have two types of finisher shirts: Finisher and Solo Finisher. In 2016 AC100, Solo will be printed on bib, Race Roster and Official Finisher List.
The real reward for running solo in 2017 AC100 is, you may get preferential treatment in the lottery. However, we do have to balance the field with a mix of both Solo and normal Runners with crews.
For the 2018 AC100, we are working on two very special buckles. We may have a 33 Hour Solo Solid Bronze Buckle and a 24 Hour Solo Solid Sterling Silver Buckle.