Frequently Asked Questions
Lottery / Waiting List / Refund Policy
Click on the question to see the answer.
- How many runners that are selected in the Lottery will run in the 2021 race?
- 250 runners (runner #1 through #250) and 100 runners for the Wait List will be selected by the Lottery for the race. This includes Sterling Silver Ticket Winners, Sponsor Designated Runners and Aid Station Designated Runners. If a Sponsor Designated Runner or an Aid Station Designated Runner withdraws from the race, the Sponsor or Aid Station Leader will be allowed to designate another qualified runner. If no replacement is designated, then the spot will be given to the next runner on the Wait List.
- What pool of runners does the Wait List apply too?
- If any runners selected in the Lottery (#1 through #220) withdraw from the race, their spot will be given to the next runner in line on the Wait List.
- How many runners are selected by the Lottery?
- 220 out of 250 runners will be selected by the Lottery. Race management will use 30 spots for runners that help at aid stations, runners selected by the Sterling Silver Ticket Program and Sponsor Designated Runners.
- What is the refund policy?
- Entrants who withdraw from the Run:
- by March 1st, 2021 will receive a 50% refund
- from March 2nd to July 1, 2021 will receive a 25% refund
- after July 1, 2021, will not receive a refund
- What is the absolute deadline for withdrawing from the race and a Wait List runner gaining entry?
- Runners have until July 1, 2021 to withdraw from the race and ensure that a
Wait Listed runner still will run. After July 1, 2021 they will not receive a refund. On July 1, 2021 the Wait List will close to allow Race Management enough time to ensure the race field is set.
- If I am selected to run from the Wait List, how will I be notified?
- If you are selected to run from the Wait List, you will receive an email from ultrasignup.com with a link. You have to click that link and go through the registration process.
There will be a limited amount of days from when you receive the invitation email to when you have to register. Typically, you get around 3 to 4 days to do it. If you don't register latest at the date indicated in that email your name will be removed from the Wait List and you will not be able to run the race that year.
If you do not want to enter the 2021 AC100 via the Wait List, it is your responsibility to remove yourself from the Wait List.
- What happens if I withdraw from the Wait List?
- If you choose to apply to the following year's Lottery, you will gain an extra ticket for applying but failing to gain admission.
- If I withdraw from the race, can I defer entry to the following year?
- Runners cannot transfer their entry to next year or to another runner.