Frequently Asked Questions
Lottery / Waiting List / Refund Policy
Click on the question to see the answer.
- How many runners that are selected in the lottery will run in the 2019 race?
- 250 runners (runner #1 through #250) and 100 runners for the Wait List will be
selected by the lottery for the race. This includes Sponsor Designated Runners and
Aid Station Designated Runners.
If a Sponsor Designated Runner or an Aid Station Designated Runner withdraws from
the race, the Sponsor or Aid Station Leader will be allowed to designate another
qualified runner. If no replacement is designated, then the spot will be given to the next
runner on the Wait List.
- What pool of runners does the Wait List apply too?
- If any runners selected in the lottery (#1 through #250) withdraw from the race, their spot will be given to the next runner in line on the Wait List.
- How many runners are selected by the lottery?
- 220 out of 250 runners will be selected by the lottery. Race management will use 30 spots for runners that help at aid stations, runners selected by the Sterling Silver Ticket Program and Sponsor Designated Runners.
- What is the refund policy?
- Entrants who withdraw from the Run:
- by March 1, 2019 will receive a 50% refund
- from March 1 to July 1, 2019 will receive a 25% refund
- after July 1, 2019 will not receive a refund
- What is the absolute deadline for withdrawing from the race and a "wait list" runner gaining entry?
- Runners have until July 1, 2019 to withdraw from the race and ensure that a wait listed runner still will run. After July 1, 2019 they will not receive a refund. On July 1, 2019 the "wait list" will close to allow Race Management enough time to ensure the race field is set.
- If I am selected to run from the "wait list", how will I be notified?
- Change to the run roster will be posted on the website with your name on it and you will notified via email.
As long as you are on the "wait list", if a runner withdraws and your name is on top of the "wait list", you will automatically be placed on the 2019 run roster, your credit card will be charged the entry fee, you will be posted on the 2019 AC100 Roster and be notified by email.
If you do not want to enter the 2019 AC100 via the "wait list", it is your responsibility to remove yourself from the "wait list".
- What happens if I withdraw from the "wait list?
- Your name will go back "in the hat" for next year's lottery. If you want to run the 2020 race, you still have to apply to get in the 2020 race but your chances of getting the in the 2020 race is much better because you were not selected in the 2019 race.
- If I withdraw from the race, can I defer entry to the following year?
- Runners cannot transfer their entry to next year or to another runner.